The basic knowledge and comparison of several kinds of flow meters produced by Jiangsu Dongxiang Instrument Co., Ltd .:
1. Differential pressure flow meter (DX): It is the most common flow technology, including orifice plate flow meter , V-cone flow meter , venturi tube and sonic nozzle. DX flow meters can be used to measure the flow rate of most liquids, gases and vapors. The DX flow meter has no moving parts, is widely used, and is easy to use. But after clogging, it will cause pressure loss and affect accuracy. The accuracy of the flow measurement depends on the accuracy of the pressure transmitter.
2. Turbine flowmeter: When fluid flows through the turbine flowmeter, the fluid causes the rotor to rotate. The rotation speed of the rotor is related to the speed of the fluid. From the average flow velocity of the fluid felt by the rotor, the flow rate or the total amount can be derived. Turbine flow meters accurately measure clean liquids and gases. Like PD flow meters, turbine flow meters also produce unrecoverable pressure errors and require moving parts.
3, electromagnetic flowmeter: electromagnetic flowmeter with conductive fluid flowing through the electromagnetic field, the speed of the fluid can be obtained by measuring the voltage. The electromagnetic flowmeter has no moving parts and is not affected by the fluid. Highly accurate measurement of conductive liquids when full. Electromagnetic flow meters can be used to measure the flow rate of a slurry fluid.
4. Ultrasonic flowmeter: The propagation time method and Doppler effect method are commonly used methods of ultrasonic flowmeters to measure the average velocity of fluids. Like other speed meters, it is a meter that measures volume flow. It is an unobstructed flowmeter. If the ultrasonic transmitter is installed outside the pipe, it does not need to be inserted. It is suitable for almost all liquids, including slurries, with high accuracy. However, contamination of the pipes can affect accuracy.
5. Vortex flowmeter: A vortex flowmeter is a non-streamline vortex generator placed in the fluid. The velocity of the vortex is proportional to the velocity of the fluid to calculate the volume flow. Vortex flowmeters are suitable for measuring liquids, gases or vapors. It has no moving parts and no dirt problems. Vortex flowmeters produce noise and require a high flow velocity of the fluid to create a vortex.
6. Thermal mass flow meter: Measure fluid velocity by measuring the temperature rise of the fluid or the decrease of the thermal sensor. Thermal mass flowmeters have no moving parts or holes and can accurately measure gas flow. Thermal mass flowmeter is one of the few technologies capable of measuring mass flow, and it is also one of the few technologies used to measure large caliber gas flow.